- Up one level
- Dissertation: Black Freedom and the University of North Carolina, 1793-1960
John K. (Yonni) Chapman A dissertation submitted to the faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of doctor of philosophy in the Department of History. Chapel Hill, 2006 Approved by: James L. Leloudis, Jerma A. Jackson, Reginald Hildebrand, Gerald Horne, Timothy B. Tyson
- MastersThesis - SecondGeneration: Black Youth and the Origins of the Civil Rights Movement in Chapel Hill, NC, 1937-1963
John K. (Yonni) Chapman, 1995. UNC Department of History. Reformatted August 2007.
- Memorial page
Saved in the Internet Archive WayBack Machine
- Memorial service audio and video files
In the Southern Historical Collection at the Louis Round Wilson Special Collections.
- WCOM Carrboro broadcast of memorial service
The memorial service was held on November 8, 2009 and broadcast live on WCOM. Note that the announcer periodically invites listeners to read about Yonni Chapman at an obsolete/incorrect URL ("freedomlegacy.blogspot.com"). The original page is in the Internet Archive - see "Memorial page" at https://go.unc.edu/YonniChapman.
- Yonni Chapman's papers in the Wilson Library, UNC
Collection Number: 05441 Collection Title: John Kenyon Chapman Papers, 1969-2009 Includes a biographical sketch.