- Up one level
- In memoriam for Ethel Jean
- July 5, 2020
- Book - If You Were Not Black
Curtis Jackson, Jr. with Brenda Womble, 2021
- Department of Health Behavior information
- Ethel Jean Jackson Health Education Practice Award
- Ethel Jean Jackson recognition and interviews
- Ethel Jean Jackson Retirement Celebration, March 20, 1998 (3 hrs)
The Life and Work of Ethel Jean Jackson., Celebration of Ethel Jean Riggsbee Jackson's retirement from the University of North Carolina School of Public Health. Held March 20, 1998 at the Carolina Inn, Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Rudolph Jackson, Master of Ceremony. Ivey Joe Paige, Keyboard. Bennett College Choir Ensemble. Reading by grandchildren Charles, Jesse, Caleb, Autumn. Video production by Fields Video, Durham, NC.
- Interview with Curtis Jackson (2 hours)
Recorded by Victor Schoenbach at Curtis and Ethel Jean's home in Chapel Hill on July 13, 2019. Curtis describes growing up in Georgia during the Segregation Era, his work in schools and in retail management before entering public health, as well as his experiences working in public health and with faith communities in North Carolina.
- Interview with Ethel Jean and Curtis Jackson (57 minutes)
Vic Schoenbach (audio, 55 MB; left-click to play in the browser, right-click to download and play offline); November 20, 2011 at their home in Chapel Hill, NC. (This interview was one of Vic's first recorded interviews.)
- WTVD - Chapel Hill friends seek to bridge racial divide with new book "If you were not Black" (10 min)
Steve Daniels, WTVD, February 25, 2021
Brenda Womble and Curtis Jackson felt a calling to write a coffee table book titled "If you were not Black". They hope it will help white America understand the Black experience.
"This book is about the inside knowledge of the Black experience, past, present, and it seeks to bridge the gap of the racial divide in America," said Womble.
This report is based on an interview conducted earlier in February; this webpage has FOUR embedded videos, each about 2 minutes in length including ads.)
The book is available from https://omegatheatrics.com/product/if-you-were-not-black/